Saturday 5 May 2012

One of my favourite things: Autumn


Autumn in Canberra.  For me, there’s no better time of year.  Many of you will probably disagree, already mourning the departure of summer barbecues, the end of daylight savings and sad that the warm weather seems only a fading memory.  Not me.

The days are becoming cooler, the trees are changing colour (bold red, burnt orange, golden yellow – like a beautiful oil painting) and I know that the weeks and months that stretch ahead will be filled with fluffy blankets, woollen socks, movie nights, Sunday morning sleep-ins, hot chocolates, comfort food and rich red wine.  

Yes, it’s time for the annual hibernation to begin, you can feel the pace slowing down, you wake to crisp and frosty mornings, your breath visible from your lips.  It’s time for jackets and scarves, boots and gloves.  What is not to love?  In this spirit I share with you a few of my favourite things about autumn:

Bags of pears, apples and pomegranates...



 Endless hot cups of tea and movies...


Slippers and cuddles with Bailey...


No comments:

Post a Comment